How To Save Money At The Gas Pump
Want to know how to how to save money at the gas pump? With gas prices hitting disgustingly high since the hurricanes and war started, and most of us can’t afford it. This article will help you decrease your visits to the pump and at the same time help the environment. Three basic approaches that you can take are working with the car you have. B
- Use a sunshade. A cooler car needs less air conditioning.
- Park in the shade when it’s warm.
- Clear your car of junk. Extra weight uses extra gas.
- Don’t use premium fuels unless your car really requires them.
- Don’t top off your tank. The excess is lost
- In winter, you should use a block heater to pre-warm your engine.
- Try to avoid rush hour.
- Get an update before you leave to avoid sitting in traffic:
- Don’t pump the gas pedal before starting your car.
- Make sure that your parking brake is completely released.
- Don’t floor it,….ever
- Brake slowly wherever possible.
- Don’t ride the brake.
- Keep your tires properly inflated. Check them every 2 weeks.
Regular Maintenance Can Save Money
When it comes to regular maintenance of your car that can save you a lot of money at the gas pumps too. Following the recommended maintenance schedule for your car will save you money. If you don’t have a manual, contact your local car dealer to get one. Let’s see these tips now.
- Rotate your tires on a regular basis
- Replace worn tires.
- Get regular tune-ups.
- Get regular oil changes according to your owner’s manual.
- Check your air and fuel filters as well.
- Make sure your gas cap fits tightly.
- Keep your transmission fluid at the proper level.
- See a mechanic if you see that smoke is coming from your tailpipe.
- Keep all fluids topped up
- Ensure that your cooling system thermostat is working properly.
- Fix your transmission immediately
- Get emissions tests once a year
- Make sure that your exhaust system is clean and working properly
- Keep your muffler up to par
All of the tips mentioned above will really save money. As you can see saving money on gas is not as hard as you may think it is. With the constantly rising price at the pump. It’s important to save every drop of gas that you can.