Texas DMV Bill of Sale PDF Download
The Texas DMV Bill of Sale is a legal document to prove the sale and transfer of ownership from seller(s) to buyer(s). This particular document may be completed for both a vehicle or boat/vessel. Download the document complete and print. Both the buyer and seller must sign the document once the sale is at the point of completion.
The Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal document to prove the legal sale and purchase of a motor vehicle in the state of Texas. This document may or may not require notarization depending upon the decision of the buyer and seller and/or requirement of the state.
Required (Form VTR-40) – The odometer disclosure form is required for filing the bill of sale with the County Tax Office.
Required (Form VTR-346) – This form is required to be submitted to the DMV within thirty (30) days of the sale of the vehicle. After completing send to:
TxDMV Vehicle Titles and Registration Division, PO Box 26417, Austin, TX 78755-0417
Register a Vehicle in Texas
If you have purchased a vehicle or are new to the state you will have 30 days in which you will be able to have your vehicle inspected and registered.
Where to Register – Once you’ve gathered all of your proper documentation you may Locate a County Tax Office near you to submit your information for registration
Needed to Register – Gather the following documents prior to visiting your County Tax Office location:
- A completed Application for Texas Certificate of Title (Form 130-U)
- A bill of sale with (Form VTR-40)
- A certificate of vehicle inspection
- Proof of auto insurance
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, you must have a completed Application for Registration Purposes Only (Form VTR-272)
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Be prepared to pay all registration fees
How to Write
Step 1 – Seller and Price Information – Enter:
- Seller’s name
- Seller’s county of residence
- Selling price of the vehicle
Step 2 – Purchaser – Enter:
- Enter the buyer’s name into the next two lines marked “purchaser”
Step 3 – Vehicle Information – Enter the following into the form:
- Body Style
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- License Number
Step 4 – Seller’s Signature – Seller enter the following:
- Seller’s Signature
- Date of Signature mm/dd/yyyy format
- Final Signature provided by a representative of the county in Texas, where the vehicle is being sold
- Notarization with a notary public
Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF Viewer
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
And now, it’s connected to the Adobe Document Cloud − making it easier than ever to work across computers and mobile devices.
It’s the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia.
The DMV Bill Of Sale Download is delivered in PDF format. It is view able on any computer. All you need is “Adobe Reader” which is available free and already on most computers. If you do not have it installed on your computer, Please Click Here to get the software. Adobe Reader is free.