North Carolina DMV Bill of Sale PDF Download
The North Carolina DMV Bill of Sale is a legal document to prove the sale and transfer of ownership from seller(s) to buyer(s). This particular document may be completed for both a vehicle or boat/vessel. Download the document complete and print. Both the buyer and seller must sign the document once the sale is at the point of completion.
The North Carolina Vehicle Bill of Sale is considered a legal document that provides proof that a purchase and sale of a vehicle has been transacted. This document will provide required information with regard to the seller, the buyer, change of ownership and identification of the vehicle being sold and purchased. This form may be required at registration and will require notarization.
Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form MVR-180) – Should be attached to the bill of sale for the State to certify an accurate reading of the odometer at the time of registration by the new owner.
Register a Vehicle in North Carolina
If you’re new to the state of North Carolina as a resident, you must register your vehicle within 30 days. If you are currently a resident and purchase a vehicle, you must register the vehicle prior to operation on North Carolina roadways.
Where to Register – If you’re prepared to register your vehicle in NC, you must appear in person at the NC Division of Motor Vehicles most convenient to your location
Needed to Register – Gather the following information to present in order to register your vehicle in the state of NC:
- You will be required to provide a driver’s license or state ID card
- Proof of Insurance
- A bill of sale
- A notarized vehicle title.
- If a lien holder has your vehicle title, then you must present your current out-of-state registration and an odometer reading.
- If there are co-owners of the vehicle, all necessary documents must be presented or filled out for both owners.
- A lien release (if applicable).
- All of the following forms must be completed and presented to the DMV
- Complete a Title Application (Form MVR-1)
- A completed Declaration of Eligible Risk (Form MVR-615)
- A completed Damage Disclosure Statement (Form MVR-181)
- If your vehicle is less than 10 years old you will require an Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form MVR-180)
- Be prepared to pay all registration fees to be paid at registration
Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF Viewer
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
And now, it’s connected to the Adobe Document Cloud − making it easier than ever to work across computers and mobile devices.
It’s the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia.
The DMV Bill Of Sale Download is delivered in PDF format. It is view able on any computer. All you need is “Adobe Reader” which is available free and already on most computers. If you do not have it installed on your computer, Please Click Here to get the software. Adobe Reader is free.