Massachusetts DMV Bill of Sale PDF Download
The Massachusetts DMV Bill of Sale is a legal document to prove the sale and transfer of ownership from seller(s) to buyer(s). This particular document may be completed for both a vehicle or boat/vessel. Download the document complete and print. Both the buyer and seller must sign the document once the sale is at the point of completion.
The Massachusetts Vehicle/Vessel Bill of Sale is a legal document that may be used to provide the proof of purchase and change of ownership of any vehicle or boat and is required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for registration of either. This document does not require notarization, however, the parties may wish to have it notarized to better authenticate the document.
Register a Vehicle or Vessel
If you need to register your vehicle, vessel or both, you would use the same form for both registrations. Your vehicle must be registered to operate on Massachusetts roadways as well any vessel, must be registered to operate on Massachusetts waterways and must display the decals. If you’re from out of state and plan to only be in the state for less than 60 days, you do not have to register. If you are becoming a resident of the state you must register as soon as possible.
Where to Register – When you’ve gathered all of the proper documentation, you will need to go to your local Registry of Motor Vehicles Branch Office. You must appear in person for your registration.
If you will need to register a vessel, you will need to register through one of five Energy and Environmental Affairs regional registration offices available to you for registration.
Needed to Register – In registering a vehicle in Massachusetts, you will require the following:
- New or used, dealer or private party, you will need to complete an Application for Registration and Title (Form RMV-1)
- New vehicles – Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin which must include date of the sale, odometer reading, purchase price amount, and the dealer’s original signature on the back side of the form.
- New or Used -A bill of sale and previous registration of the purchased vehicle
- New or Used – Odometer Reading Statement
- A photo ID (Driver’s License)
- Proof of MA auto insurance
- You must have an inspection completed within 7 days of registration
- You’ll receive your new title within 8 weeks of registration
A Vessel – To register a vessel/boat gather your documentation and go in person to one of the Energy and Environmental Affairs regional registration offices
Needed to Register –
For vessels 14 feet or longer provide the following in formation
- Complete a Registration and Titling Application.
- A bill of sale.
- The title (used boats only)
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin ( for new boats only
- Proof of payment of sales tax.
- You must acquire a pencil tracing of Hull ID number
- Photo ID
- Be prepared to pay all of the required fees
For vessels under 14 feet long-
- You must complete a Registration and Titling Application.
- A bill of sale
- You will require proof of payment of sales tax
- Acquire a pencil tracing of Hull ID number
- Photo ID
How To Write
Step 1 – Enter the date of the sale of the vehicle or vessle
- Place this information into the first blank line at the top left side of the sheet
Step 2 – Sale Price – Enter the sale price of the vehicle into the second blank line on the form
Step 3 – Seller and Buyer Information – Each party must provide the following:
- The Seller –
- Seller’s full name
- Physical Address
- The Buyer
- Buyer’s full name
- Physical Address
Step 4 – In the space provided, enter a description of the vehicle or vessel what will be sold and changing ownership. The description must contain the following:
- Sale of a vehicle –
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Sale of a boat –
- Hull Identification Number (HIN)
- Length of the vessel
- Indicate by checking yes or no if the sale of the vessel will include the motor
- Indicate by checking yes or no if the sale of the vessel will include the trailer
- If these items will be included, the seller must enter into the space provided on the form, proper descriptions of the motor and the trailer
Step 5 – Signatures – Once the form has been completed enter:
- The Seller’s Signature
- The Buyer’s Signature
Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF Viewer
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
And now, it’s connected to the Adobe Document Cloud − making it easier than ever to work across computers and mobile devices.
It’s the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia.
The DMV Bill Of Sale Download is delivered in PDF format. It is view able on any computer. All you need is “Adobe Reader” which is available free and already on most computers. If you do not have it installed on your computer, Please Click Here to get the software. Adobe Reader is free.