Maine DMV Bill of Sale PDF Download
The Maine DMV Bill of Sale is a legal document to prove the sale and transfer of ownership from seller(s) to buyer(s). This particular document may be completed for both a vehicle or boat/vessel. Download the document complete and print. Both the buyer and seller must sign the document once the sale is at the point of completion.
The Maine Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal document that will provide information with regard to the vehicle description as well as the seller and co-seller (if any) and the buyer and co-buyer’s (if any) signatures in agreement of the sale. If either side does not have a co-owner simply place N/A in the top line. This document will be required for registration. No notarization will be required.
Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form MVT-32) – Required when registering the vehicle at a DMV office.
Register a Vehicle in Maine
In Maine, all vehicles must be properly registered to operate on the roads and highways in the state. If you’re a new resident to the state and your vehicle is still registered in another state, you will have 30 days to properly register your vehicle in Maine.
Where to Register – Unlike many states, if you purchase your vehicle with a new car dealership or any dealership, the dealer will not complete your registration for you. You will be responsible, no matter where you procure your vehicle, to go in person and register the vehicle on your own. To register your vehicle, you will need to go to your local DMV location, prepared to present all necessary documents for registration of your vehicle.
Needed to Register – In order to register your vehicle, you will be required to appear in person and present the following documents:
- A receipt showing you’ve paid your excise tax
- If it is a private purchase you will also need to pay a 5.5% Maine sales tax that would be based on the price you paid for the vehicle
- If the vehicle you register is brand new, you must provide the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) sticker, or you may submit a copy of the sticker.
- A bill of sale
- The yellow and white copy of your registration application
- Provide the blue title application, for vehicles newer than 1995 only
- If purchased from a private party, present the title that has been signed over to you by the previous owner of the vehicle
- Proof of auto insurance
- Maine state Driver’s license
- Be prepared to pay a $33.00 titling fee and any additional fees required for registration
How to Write
Step 1 – Provide a date for the document at the top right side of the page
Step 2 – Vehicle Information – The seller(s) must enter the required information:
- Name of seller(s)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Odometer reading (in miles)
- Price of the vehicle
- Name of the Buyer(s)
Step 3 – Signatures – Both seller(s) and buyer(s) must complete the following if all parties are in agreement:
- Seller(s) Signature(s)
- Seller(s) Printed Name(s)
- Seller(s) Physical Address
- Buyer(s) Signature(s)
- Buyer(s) Printed Name(s)
- Buyer(s) Physical Address
Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF Viewer
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
And now, it’s connected to the Adobe Document Cloud − making it easier than ever to work across computers and mobile devices.
It’s the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia.
The DMV Bill Of Sale Download is delivered in PDF format. It is view able on any computer. All you need is “Adobe Reader” which is available free and already on most computers. If you do not have it installed on your computer, Please Click Here to get the software. Adobe Reader is free.