Louisiana DMV Bill of Sale PDF Download
The Louisiana DMV Bill of Sale is a legal document to prove the sale and transfer of ownership from seller(s) to buyer(s). This particular document may be completed for both a vehicle or boat/vessel. Download the document complete and print. Both the buyer and seller must sign the document once the sale is at the point of completion.
The Louisiana Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal document that will provide information with regard to a motor vehicle that is being legally sold and purchased between a dealer and individual(s) or between two private parties. This document will, in fact, prove a change of ownership and will likely be needed as proof of ownership at registration. The form will require notarization. Signatures must be withheld until a notary public is present for the witness.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – Needed to verify the mileage of the vehicle at the time of registration for the new owner.
- Notice of Vehicle Transfer – Must be filed by the Seller within five (5) days after the sale of the vehicle. May be Filed Online or with Form DPSMV 1697.
Register a Vehicle in Louisiana
When a vehicle is purchased in Louisiana, the vehicle must be registered within 40 days of the purchase of the vehicle
Where to Register – You may appear in person, with all appropriate documentation at the Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) in the Parrish most local to you
Needed to Register – You will need to appear in person at the local OMV with the following documents:
- You will need to complete a Vehicle Application (Form DPSMV 1799)
- A photo ID (driver’s license)
- Proof of Auto Insurance (unless purchased with a dealership)
- You’ll need a valid Inspection Certificate
- A bill of sale or invoice
- The title certificate (must be signed over to you by the previous owner) and the vehicle’s current registration
- For vehicles under 10 years old, you must provide an odometer reading (in miles)
- If you’re financing the payment of the vehicle – A security agreement, UCC-1 Financing Statement or a chattel mortgage
- Be prepared to pay all Registration and titling fees
- Be prepared to pay taxes of 4% of the value of your vehicle
- If required by the Parrish in which you reside, you may need to be prepared to pay state and local taxes as well
How to Write
Step 1 – In the line provided at the top left of the page, enter the Parrish in which the transaction is taking place
Step 2 – The second line on the form, enter the seller’s full name
Step 3 – In the third line, enter the buyer’s full name
Step 4 – Vehicle Description – Enter the required information into the fields provided:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Step 5 – Enter the selling price of the vehicle
Step 6 – Enter the date of the sale in mm/dd/yyyy format
Step 7 – The seller must review the statement. If in agreement, continue
Step 8 – Signatures – Enter the following:
- Date the signatures before a notary public in dd/mm/yyyy format
- The seller, before a notary, will provide their signature
- The buyer, before a notary public must also provide their signature
Step 9 – Notarization – Once the notary has witnessed the signatures and acquired identification, the notary will then complete the remainder of the form. He/she will provide all of their information and will also affix their state seal as required
Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF Viewer
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
And now, it’s connected to the Adobe Document Cloud − making it easier than ever to work across computers and mobile devices.
It’s the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia.
The DMV Bill Of Sale Download is delivered in PDF format. It is view able on any computer. All you need is “Adobe Reader” which is available free and already on most computers. If you do not have it installed on your computer, Please Click Here to get the software. Adobe Reader is free.