Alaska DVM Bill of Sale PDF Download
The Alaska DVM Bill of Sale is a legal document to prove the sale and transfer of ownership from seller(s) to buyer(s). This particular document may be completed for both a vehicle or boat/vessel. Download the document complete and print. Both the buyer and seller must sign the document once the sale is at the point of completion.
The Alaska Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal document that will prove the sale or trade of a motor vehicle between an entity and individual or between two individuals, also providing protection to both parties. It will provide information regarding the price, the conditions of the sale or trade and other information that is required by the Division of Motor Vehicle (DMV) in the state of Alaska. This document will be a required part of the registration documentation needed to register a vehicle whether it’s new or used, operable or inoperable.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – Required for the transfer and registration of the motor vehicle.
Register a Motor Vehicle in Alaska
First Time Registration in the State of Alaska – If you have purchased a new or used vehicle inside or outside of Alaska, you must register your motor vehicle within 10 days of purchase or taking residency within the state. If the vehicle is being purchased from a dealer, the dealer generally submits all of the information and forms to the DMV.
Where to Register – If you wish to go to your local DMV, you may register in person. If you live in a remote part of Alaska and do not have a local office with 50 miles of DMV office visit Remote Alaska Title Procedures, complete Title Application (Form 812) and mail the remaining list of required documentation to the address listed on this page. Registration in the state of Alaska is good for two years. When it’s time to renew your registration, you may go to your local DMV, mail in your renewal or renew online by visiting Online Renewal and follow the instructions therein.
Needed to Register – Submit the following documents and information to your local DMV office:
- Vehicle Title (If there is a lien against the vehicle and it’s being registered in Alaska from outside of the state provide a photocopy of the title
- Complete an Application for Title and Registration (Form 812)
- If the vehicle is leased or you’re signing for someone else, provide a notarized vehicle power of attorney
- Provide a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspection from an inspector approved by the DMV
- You must submit all fees for registration, titling fees, and taxes
- If purchasing from an individual, provide all of the preceding documents and include:
- A lien release
- An odometer disclosure statement and…
- Previous registration
How To Write
Step 1 – Buyer and Seller Information – Both parties must provide the following information to be recorded on the form as follows
- Driver’s License Number
- Physical Address
Step 2 – Vehicle Description – This section will ask for important information with regard to the vehicle description. This information will be required by the DMV at registration, be mindful to record all of the information properly:
- Year of Vehicle
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Color of the vehicle
- Odometer reading (how many miles has the vehicle endured to date)
- Will the title be included in the sale (Yes or No- check the appropriate box)
Step 3 – Trade/Purchase Price – Check any box that applies and provides the appropriate description of the negotiation, price and/or trade details:
- Seller accepts monetary funds in the amount of (provide the dollar amount and on what date it will be paid by the buyer)
- The date of this bill of sale known as (provide the date in mm/dd/yyyy format)
- At a future date no later than (provide the date of the final day the purchase amount may be paid)
- Other – ie: If a there are specific negotiations with regard to price or if it’s a trade negotiation, specify the conditions of the transaction on the line provided. If more information is required, add a continued sheet outlining the remaining information and attach it to this sheet
Once the form is complete, make a copy for your records and provide the original to the receiving party for registration records.
Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF Viewer
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
And now, it’s connected to the Adobe Document Cloud − making it easier than ever to work across computers and mobile devices.
It’s the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia.
The DMV Bill Of Sale Download is delivered in PDF format. It is view able on any computer. All you need is “Adobe Reader” which is available free and already on most computers. If you do not have it installed on your computer, Please Click Here to get the software. Adobe Reader is free.