Oregon Driver & Motor Vehicle Services
Full Width Column 1
When you sell, donate, or gift your vehicle:
- Sign either the back of the title or a Bill of Sale;
- If you had a loan, make sure the lienholder signed the front of the title*;
- Write the odometer reading on the back of the title; and
- Use DMV2U to notify DMV within 10 days.
- We will note on your record that you sold the vehicle, but you will remain listed as the owner until the buyer transfers the title.
*You cannot sell, donate, or gift your vehicle if you have a loan on it and the loan is not paid off. Contact your lienholder for information about their loan payoff process.
Half Column 1
Half Column 2
Full Width Column 2
Two Thirds One Third Column 1
Two Thirds One Third Column 2
One Third Two Thirds Column 1
One Third Two Thirds Column 2
Full Width Column 3
Aside Column 1