This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Do you have too many cars in Grand Theft Auto 5? Do you want to get rid of some? While it’s not possible to sell cars in single-player mode, you can sell cars in GTA Online. This wikiHow teaches you how to sell cars in GTA Online.
While inside the game, press the Options or Menu button on your controller or the “Esc” button on PC to open the In-Game Menu. Here, select the “Online” tab on the right-most side of the menu screen to access Grand Theft Auto Online.
- If you are playing on Playstation 4 or Xbox One, you are required to have a Playstation Plus or Xbox Live subscription to play games online.
The character you’ll be using to play the online mode is different from the one you’re using to play the story mode. Use the directional buttons to choose the character you want, and press “X” on Playstation, “A” on Xbox, or “Enter” on PC. You will connect to an online game.
- If you have never played Grand Theft Auto Online, you will be required to create a character.
Stroll around the city and find a car you want to sell and steal it. You can also get a car from your garage.
- Basic cars can be sold for around $1,000 to $2,000, while sports cars can run up to more than $9,000. When you see a car you want to sell, enter the car and drive it away.
This is the in-game car tuning and modification shop. It has an icon that resembles a spray-can on the map. There is one in Los Santos and one in Harmony.
- You can only sell cars in GTA Online. You cannot sell cars in Single-player mode.
Once you get to the Los Santos Customs shop, park your car in front of the garage door and it will open. Drive your car inside and the shop menu will appear.
- If you have a wanted level, the garage door will not open.
Select Sell. It’s in the menu that appears when you drive the car into the garage. Use the directional keys to highlight the “Sell” option in the menu. Press “X” on Playstation, “A” on Xbox, or “Enter” on PC to select “Sell”.
Select Sell again. This confirms you want to sell and sells the car. The cash will be added to your funds displayed on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Do I have to be online?
Yes, you have to be online for this to work.
How do I acquire more garages in story mode to sell cars?
You need to buy an apartment with more space for cars. Then it should tell you which garages have space.
If I sell online, does the money stay online or go back to the story mode?
The money will remain in online mode.
How do I make my own crew?
Go on the Rockstar website, log into your social club account, then go to “Crews” and click “Create a crew.”
How do I keep my money saved online?
By depositing it in your bank account using an ATM or your cell phone.
If I customize a car in Grand Theft Auto 5, do I get to keep it?
It depends on where you keep it. If you keep it in your garage, it will remain yours, but if you just leave it on the street, the car will either be at the police impound or just gone.
Can I invest money online in GTA 5?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
1. Start a Grand Theft Auto Online session.
2. Select your online character.
3. Get in a car you want to sell.
4. Drive the car to Los Santos Customs in Las Santos or Harmony.
5. Park the car in front of the garage door.
6. Drive the car in when the garage door opens.
7. Select Sell in the shop menu.
8. Select Sell again to confirm the sale.
Did this summary help you?
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 137,041 times.
Did this article help you?